Pricing & Terms and Conditions
** For midweek stays discounts may be given depending on availability, number of guests, length of stay and season (ie high/low season). Two-night bookings over weekends are given preference.
Wind Song Cottage
- Sleeps 4**
- Pet Friendly**
- Sleeps 4 plus 2 bunk beds and 2 big couches**
- Pet Friendly**
- Fly-Fishing - Rod & Reel Hire : R100 per kit
- Flies : R20 per fly
- Fish Taken : R80 per fish
- Catch & Release : permitted if fish is uninjured
- Wood : R40 per bag & Ice : R20 per bag
- Pets : R50 per dog per day in pet-friendly cottages
Anglo Boer War Tours
- Schaefers’ Halt is situated in the Weimershoek Valley close to where a lot of military action took place in the Anglo-Boer war. Bring history alive by visiting the Mpumalanga Battlefields.
- Tales of pain, compassion, intrigue, cover-ups, humour, sadness and humour are related as one travels the route taken by Boer and Brit all those years ago. The Anglo- Boer war was fought over large stretches of South Africa between 1899 - 1902.
Schaefers' Halt has a selection of self-catering accommodation options to suit all needs.
Note: The cottages are not serviced. However, if servicing is required it is to be arranged beforehand (a service fee of R200.00 per day is payable).
Deposit Policy: A 50% deposit is required to confirm the booking with the balance payable before check-in.
Deposit payments are payable by EFT (please contact for bank details - see below), and balance payments EFT or cash. Cheques are not accepted.
Cancellation more than 14 days prior - 25% of the tariff
Cancellation 8-13 days prior - 50% of the tariff
Cancellation less than 7 days prior - 100% of the tariff
A minimum charge of R100 or 15% will be charged for admin fees.
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATIONS MUST BE DONE IN WRITING. BREAKAGES AND DAMAGES WILL BE CHARGED FOR.
& Check-Out: 10h00
Units are not serviced, but servicing can be arranged given 24 hrs notice and a service charge will be levied (note; on public holidays this is double the normal rate).
PETS: Dogs are only allowed in Wind Song Cottage, Cloud Cottage at R50 per dog extra per night. Dogs must be leashed if walked.